Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 1998 Upper Deck Series 2 Baseball Hobby Box, Plus bonus pack

otis0220
post Feb 28 2022, 01:32 AM
Post #1

MVP
Group Icon

First Name: Jason
Transactions: 2
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

1998 Upper Deck Series 2 Baseball Hobby Box

Well I finally was able to obtain one of these. 1998 UD was one of the first boxes my parents bought me as a kid so this set has a bit of sentimental value. 24 packs and 12 cards per. Some subsets and inserts to be found. The first ever jersey and bat cards are featured in this release. Only 225 of each subject.

Rookies

Konerko, Millwood x2, Carpenter, Juan Encarnacion x2, Grieve x2, Catalanotto, Dellucci x2, Dennis Springer, Brad Rigby, Michael Coleman x2, Brian Rose x2, Adam Riggs, Ken Cloude x2, Tom Fordham

Inserts

1997 Postseason Headliners

Jaret Wright x2, Mussina x2, Smoltz x2, Devon White x2, Neagle, Livan, Kevin Brown, Grissom, Alou, Livan, Ogea, Renteria

Blue Chip Prospects Jose Guillen

History In The Making

Pedro Martinez, Glavine, McGee, Snow, Greer x2, Mike Grace, Tony Clark, Grieve, Sheffield

KGJ Home Run Chronicles (1:9 packs) 51-54

Prime Nine 2 Gwynns, 3 Bonds

Rookie Edition Preview Helton, Rolen, Kotsay

Tape Measure Titans Delgado

It's a somewhat fun break but these boxes just aren't worth what they go for right now. Good luck beating the odds and pulling one of those mem cards. At least I got it for a fair price. Have always been very fond of the design of the cards. Seems there's not much difference in the insert odds between a retail and hobby box. I do have a good chunk of the set but unfortunately they released it in 3 series 😂.

Also I have another little break to share. Few months ago I bought something I never bother with. Unlicensed baseball. I was at Wal-Mart and decided to grab a value pack of Panini Chronicles. Great looking cards, too bad no logos. Gotta couple rookies of Ian Anderson, a Kelenic, an India, Perdomo, Moniak, a couple Trouts, a sweet Luis Robert, an even more sweet Phoenix Pink Pulsar of Guerrero Jr and I actually stumbled upon a hit - America's Pastime Dual Swatches of Brendan Rodgers.

Plenty more breaks to come.

Charlotte Hornets/New Orleans Hornets Stuff Updated 6/20/2012
My IP Autograph Thread Updated 6/30/2017
My Bobblehead Collection Updated 6/11/2011
My Dontrelle Willis Collection Updated 5/4/2012
My Joe Carter Collection Updated 1/11/2012
My Josh Boone Collection Updated 5/4/2012

I am going after the 2008 A&G set:

Base - 351/351
Mini Exclusives - 1/50
World Leaders - 40/50
Ancient Icons - 12/20
Baseball Icons - 9/17
States - 50/50
World's Greatest Victories - 16/20
Team Orange - 2/10
Pioneers of Aviation - 5/5
World's Deadliest Sharks - 2/5
Minis - 160/350
A&G Backs - 86/350
Black Bordered - 54/350
Boxloaders - 7/10
N43's - 9/15
Relics - 29/60
Autos - 15/60

2008 A&G Needs List 07/08 BKB Artifacts Needs List

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 28th March 2024 - 07:31 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us